Pages

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Please look after this bear. Thank you.

Morning all - finished the bear and handler. Always a good idea to check out photos of your subject to help you paint its 28mm counterpart... until you start agonising about individual strands of hair and what tone of brown they are! I think this is probably a good step in my development as a painter - just wish I had the patience, skill and time to see it through!! Saw a lovely Direbear on Lead Adventures fantasy forum which I also tried (underlined) to emulate. However, all being said I'm sitting in the diffuse light being given off from the big light in the room and thinking - my bear looks alright in the gloom! Shame I wasn't up to the task of making a little label out of greenstuff to attach to his collar...















One last thought - I've noticed that all these Elven animal handlers have been wearing a garment fashioned from the animal they handle - haven't the beasts twigged yet that it might not be such a good idea to do everything the nice elf says?

No comments:

Post a Comment